Help DeskState & Local ResourcesOregonState Disability Resources

38.2. State Disability Resources

Clackamas County Services for People with Disabilities
Phone: (503) 655-8640
Social Services is dedicated to helping people in need live with self-reliance and independence, and offers many opportunities for all county residents to be socially engaged.    For seniors and people with disabilities, low income residents and veterans, we offer many programs that help support our community and provide people with the information and resources they need to be healthy and safe.

Clackamas County Family Caregiver Support Program
Family Caregiver Support is a community-based program that helps families and caregivers who need temporary relief from the demands of providing ongoing care for a person with special needs. The Family Caregiver Support Program (FCSP) helps unpaid family caregivers who are seeking relief from the demands of caregiving by providing emotional support, respite care stipends, educational classes, information and access to other programs.

Adaptive & Inclusive Recreation from Portland Parks and Recreation
Phone: (503) 823-4328
Offering community-based recreation activities and leisure services specially designed for children, teens, and adults who have a disability and/or special needs. Our services are designed to assist people in developing and using their leisure time in ways that enhance their health, well-being, and independence.

Lane County Area Agency on Aging and Disability Services
Phone: (541) 682-4038
The mission of S&DS is to advocate for seniors and persons with disabilities and provide to them quality services and information that promote dignity, independence, and choice.

Multnomah County Aging and Disability Services
Phone: (503) 988-3646
Network of Care is Multnomah County's comprehensive, Internet-based community resource for the elderly and people with disabilities, as well as their caregivers and service providers.

NorthWest Senior & Disability Services
Phone: (800) 469-8772
As the designated Area Agency on Aging and Disability Services for Clatsop, Marion, Polk, Tillamook and Yamhill counties, NWSDS develops and maintains a comprehensive and coordinated service system to meet the needs of seniors and people with disabilities.

Oregon Department of Human Services - Services for People with Disabilities
Phone: (800) 282-8096
we offer information about services for seniors and people with physical disabilities. We have also included information about aging, health related issues, receiving and providing caregiving services, how to get legal, housing, food and financial help; and support and advocacy for older Oregonians.

Oregon Office on Disability and Health
Phone: (800) 452-3563 Ext. 1205
The Oregon Office on Disability and Health improves the health and wellness of people with disabilities through health promotion, surveillance, dissemination, and policy development activities that address health disparities and secondary conditions.

Oregon Prescription Drug Program
OPDP is a state-sponsored prescription discount card program. OPDP offers a free discount card. All Oregonians may join. There is no cost to enroll.

Oregon Vocational Rehabilitation Division
Oregon's Office of Vocational Rehabilitation Services (OVRS) assists Oregonians with disabilities to achieve and maintain employment and independence.

Transportation Reaching People (TRP)
Phone: (503) 655-8604
Transportation Reaching People (TRP) serves older people and people with disabilities needing transportation to medical and social services appointments, for personal business and shopping, and also for recreational rides. Volunteer drivers provide door-to-door transportation using their own vehicles. TRP also has a van for riders needing wheelchair accessibility.

Washington County Disability, Aging & Veteran Services
Phone: 503-846-3060
Creating options for older persons and people with disabilities involves assessing needs; planning and coordinating services; developing services, advocating for their needs; and delivering and monitoring social and health services. We perform these functions to enable persons to live as independently as they can for as long as possible. We are especially concerned about the risk of losing their independence.

This page was: Helpful | Not Helpful